Upgrading to hamm

	I have upgraded this morning three Debian machines which had 1.3
maybe installed in October 97 or so (it is a pity nobody here had upgraded
them periodically but....).. I had some problems although overall it when
ok, but I thought it would be worthwile to document these problems so they
could be looked at (by others more knowledgeable than me :)

- (this was a real problem that needed some look around) Modules were not
started at startup.
	The problem was that the /etc/init.d file in charge of doing these
in the older system was '/etc/init.d/modules', called by /etc/init.d/boot
(which allowed both 'modules' or 'modutils'). Alas, Debian 2.0 changed the
scheme and no longer accepted modules... the reason?
	/etc/init.d/boot is substituted by /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh which *no
longer* starts modules, and modules startup is done by
/etc/rcS.d/S20modutils which is a simlink to... you guess... modutils NOT
modules.
	The upgrade SHOULD have included a 'modutils' script (maybe asking
for removal of 'modules') or rename modules-->modutils (or changed the
script name or linked file).

- Since I wasn't sure on wether to upgrade or not the config files present
in the system, I answered all "There is a file modified by you or a
script.." with the default N answer (no upgrade).
	Later, when I checked /etc/ it was filled with files name .dpkg-dist
or .dpkg-new. That's ok since I had the chance to compare one by one and
choose to overwrite the older or not.
	The problem is, many were the SAME (???) a 'diff file
file.dpkg-dist' returned nothing, so I had to delete by hand all the
.dpkg-dist that were nothing new.

	Shouldn't this be checked automatically by dpkg ?? It shouldn't
complain on files modified if they were not modified...

- There was no link to /etc/init.d/keymaps.sh (new also since
/etc/init.d/boot did this in Debian 1.3) so I had to make it by hand (in
/etc/rcS.d).

	So there it is, not many things (I might find some more later), but
after all, annoying.

	As I have said, these might not be general problems, and I haven't
checked the packages that have done this (I had enought trying to find WHAT
the problem WAS :) So I haven't submitted any bug reports... but I might if
it happens to me again (I will have to upgrade my home computer also, so
BEWARE :P

	Saludos

	Javi