Re: Please help debugging gnupg! (was: Re: Next Debian goals)

"Marco d'Itri" <md@linux.it> writes:

> If we can distribute PGP then we can distribute IDEA too.

PGP has a special license.  pgpdoc2.txt says:

} Ascom-Tech AG has granted permission for the freeware version PGP to
} use the IDEA cipher in non-commercial uses, everywhere.

IANAL, but it looks like we might still be able to distribute the
binaries in non-US anyway, as long as it stays on FTP sites only.
There's that "non-commercial" phrase though, which means whatever
Ascom want it to mean.

    "dang it's hard to hit enter after typing /mkext2fs /dev/hdc"
						Petra - on Debian-Devel.