Re: WOW! See World Record Sex!!!

On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 11:27:15PM -0400, Igor Grobman wrote:
> On %M 0, Dan Jacobowitz wrote
> > Perhaps hotmail should be treated like AOL for our spam filters?
>
> I think we should ban all of uu.net instead.  UU.NET customers have always
> been responsible for ~20% of the spam, but lately it's been over 50%.  In all
> this time, I have *never* gotten a single response from them.  I am getting
> fed up with this.  I know uu.net servers quite a few ISP's, but all I am
> planing to ban are the dyn-ip addresses, and relay*.uu.net which don't even
> have relay filters installed!  Legitimate posters should still be able to send
> mail using their ISP's mail server.

I forward every spam I receive from customers of theirs to fraud@uu.net
and usually received notification later on that they are working on it.
They do have a lot of spammers, but they do seem to have a lot of
customers too.

Just yesterday a student user on a server at my university spammed a whole
bunch of people, including our systems admin :-)

Hamish