X/Open sh grammar [was: Re: pdksh -> posixness?]

51758.27601@test.legislate.com>:

> > The posix documentation isn't freely available, or I'd look it up
> > myself.
>
> Nope, but Unix98 (or at least large parts of it, including /bin/sh
> behaviour) is.

gle
> UNIX Specification, Version 2</a>
>
> I think there's even a yacc grammar for /bin/sh.

After buying my Go Solo CD I read the accompanied license text.
It basically states that you can use their stuff only inhouse:
2.  Right of Use

             The Licensee shall have the right to use the Works
             contained on the CD-ROM for any purpose, subject to
             the limitations of these Terms and Conditions on Re-
             publication.  Furthermore, the Licensee shall have the
             right:

               a.  to store and have the CD-ROM stored in
                   electronic form on one computer at a time,
                   subject to the waiver set out in Clause 4;

               b.  to display the contents of the CD-ROM on a
                   computer screen; and

               c.  for the Licensee's internal use only, to produce
                   paper copies of limited parts of any Work, as
                   provided within the functionality of the
                   software.

             For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and
             Conditions shall entitle the Licensee to use the Work
             in any way other than for the Licensee's own internal
             business purposes, nor to disclose the Work to any
             third party.
So you have the grammar, but it is useless for the public.

Now, the grammar is a bit-for-bit copy from POSIX.2, so the case it not
entirely hopeless. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a redistribution-
terms for the POSIX.2 grammar (besides 'all rights reserved. Ask permission
for distribution.')

David
--
David Frey (B98D36A9) = 51F35923114FC864 7D05FF173C61EFDE
  -- Henry Spencer