Re: Package maintainer script policy.

On 1998/08/04, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  Raul> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
>  >> Well, if $@ is empty, "$@" expands to "";
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>  Raul> Is this mandated by the posix standard?  If so, this is an example of
>  Raul> how debian's current /bin/sh is not posix.  If not, then this is
>  Raul> just plain bogus.
>
> 	Oh, bosh. Pardon me, but in this case you do not know what you
>  are talking about. *Of Course* it is mandated by POSIX, and has been
>  implemented by ever darned ash/ksh/zsh/bash since the dawn of the
>  epoch. I fail to see how you could have come across different
>  behaviour, but then, there may be shells badly broken out
>  there. Thank the lord for Bash.

info '(bash)Special Parameters'

`@'
     Expands to the positional parameters, starting from one.  When the
     expansion occurs within double quotes, each parameter expands as a
     separate word.  That is, `"$@"' is equivalent to `"$1" "$2" ...'.
     When there are no positional parameters, `"$@"' and `$@' expand to
                                                              ^^^^^^^^^
     nothing (i.e., they are removed).