Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

  Santiago> Lots of scripts use "ps", but procps is not essential.

 Santiago> Please, Luis or Manoj, answer to my previous question: Why
 Santiago> do you talk about "implied promises" in the case of bash
 Santiago> and not in the case of ps?

	So, you are advocating we go back and make ps essential? If we
 made one mistake, we should make another?

	If you insist, we can make procps essential all over again, so
 as not to break the impleied prmise we have already broken.

	manoj
--
 I question whether we can afford to teach mother macrame when Johnny
 still can't read.  -- Governor Jerry Brown