Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

Hi,

	This sounds reasonable. As long as we are all on the same page

	manoj

 Santiago> On 3 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 >> Dictating policy via the BTS is not something I espouse.

 Santiago> Nobody talked about policy.

 Santiago> wishlist bugs have nothing to do with policy. A user may
 Santiago> wish whatever they like, for example, that some script to
 Santiago> be /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash, and a maintainer may think
 Santiago> otherwise and close the bug, and the submitter would not
 Santiago> have any right to reopen the bug as long as it is not a bug
 Santiago> according to policy.

 Santiago> Everything I expect is that people use /bin/bash scripts
 Santiago> wisely, not gratuitously as in electric-fence.postinst.

--
 It's time to boot, do your boot ROMs know where your disk controllers
 are?