Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

Hi,

 Santiago> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

 >> Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
 >> > Mmm, I thought we would agree that circular arguments are a stupid thing.
 >>
 >> No more than iteration (or recursion) is a stupid thing.

 Santiago> Recursion is not a stupid thing as long as it does not end up in an
 Santiago> endless loop.

 Santiago> What Manoj says about the essentialness of bash sounds like an
 Santiago> endless loop to me.

	Then the stupidity lies within the mind too closed or narrow,
 or unable, to grasp the concepts I have been trying to drum into
 you. Consider the context. Consider the time line. There are events
 that are irreversible. The essentialness of bash is not quite
 irreversible, but it is hard enough that it requires good reasons to
 remove. You have provided none that convinced me.

	manoj
--
 Long life is in store for you.