Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 08:47:18PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> The obvious way to break this circle is to make bash non-essential.
> If none of the awk's we provide is essential, why has bash to be
> essential?

So we don't break packages that use bash now.  If you really want to remove
bash, you know where to find
dpkg --purge --force-remove-essential bash

--
                            |        In order to live free and happily,
       Scott K. Ellis       |           you must sacrifice boredom.
       storm@gate.net       |       It is not always an easy sacrifice.