Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@wiggy.ml.org> wrote:
> > all of these are started (possibly indirectly) by a shell like sh,
> > unless you do something really weird.
>
> Which of the following would you classify as really weird?
>
> sshd
> telnetd, ktelnetd
> rlogind, krlogind
> xdm

{k,}telnetd  and {k,}rlogind are started by inetd, and indeed not by a
shell. But they don't do anything but run login or start a shell anyway,
so that doesn't matter. sshd is started by /etc/init.d/ssh, which is a
sh-scripts so gets the environment correct.  xdm also starts everything via
sh-scripts and knows where the rest is, so that's also no problem. I still
don't see your problem.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl