Re: .so and .a libs, tcl, postgres = in over my head

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 09:27:22PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Dan Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 09:19:18PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> > > I dont understand.... why not link mod_dtcl.so against libtcl8.0
> > > dynamically ?

> > I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure apache does not support this
> > ATM.  It's in the TODO though.

> I dont understand. What should apache support? This is not dlopen()-ing
> additional shared objects, this is plain linking after the dlopen().
> For example I have the php3 module for apache which has zlib support.
> Apache is not linked against zlib. libphp3.so is linked dynamically
> against zlib. When libphp3.so is loaded then libz.so is loaded too.

Hrmm, well, actually it does seem to work.  Maybe this has to do with
the RTLD_GLOBAL patch?  Previously, it did not work.  Hrmm

I'm still curious though about why the hell the stupid static lib
didn't work! :->

Hrumph,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org