Re: tcpd with xinetd

> Now, how can I allow access from *.utwente.nl to my host? Or from *.nl? As
> I read the above paragraph, this is something xinetd can't do. With tcpd,
> one can allow access from *.student.utwente.nl while denying access from
> the rest of *.utwente.nl, with only two (obvious) lines. In xinetd.conf,
> this would be a lot more difficult since *.utwente.nl is 130.89.0.0 -
> 130.89.255.255 and *.student.utwente.nl is 130.89.220.0 - 130.89.234.255.
>
> And how would I allow access to a particular service from *.nl while
> denying access to that server from the rest of the world? This may seem
> senseless, but AFAIK it's something xinetd can not easily do.

Ahh you are right, I guess I should have read the whole thing before saying
that :)  What you can do is do ip matching, ie ionline.net is 207.6.175.x so
if you want to deny/allow access to ionline.net, you would put 207.6.175.0
ni xinetd.conf.  It does say that hostnames are supported, but doesnt say
anything about using wildcards, *.ionline.net probably would not work.  This
can probably be done with /etc/networks, but this is undocumented for the
moment.

Soooooooo  Bring on the patch, and I'll include it in the next xinetd deb if
it works ok.