Hamm 2.0 beta installation problem

Yesterday when I was installing hamm 2.0 beta (using the latest
floppy disks with kernel 2.0.34) at my computer at home I noticed
that it took a *very* long time to boot from the rescue disk. It
took several minutes before the installation program started.

It looked like the floppy drive was reading the floppy really slow.
During the installation of the drivers and base system the floppy
drive operated at normal speed.
When I booted from the boot floppy that I had created during the
installation process it was reading at the slow speed again.
It looks like everything was read correctly but it took an
aweful long time.

Previously I had a bo system installed and I can't recall that
the same happened when I installed it a while ago.

Has anyone else noticed the same problem and can someone explain why
the floppy drive behaves like this during the boot sequence?

Could there be a problem with the boot code that resides
in the boot sector?

Note: I'm almost certain that the floppy disks are ok - I have used
them to install hamm at my computer at work without any problems.

Mikael