Re: non-free and "cd-ok", again

Hi All,

I've been following this thread for quite a while.  For those
who don't reside in the US, the climate in the US is presently
to prevent yourself from getting sued.  Liers aka lawyers, will
say anything in a court of law to win the case for their client!

This said, The Debian organization must waste a huge amount of
time and energy investigating all of the nuances of all of the
license docs that come with the packages.  For instance, if a
program is released under the GPL, but is linked to a library
that has some wierd license and someone uses the program and
violates the license without realizing it, will the lawyers go
after the small programer, or will they smell a larger fish?

I think that it is ashame that we have to expend all of this
energy on protecting ourselves from the wolves.  Here we are
trying to help others, and have to continue to always look behind
us to see if some wolf is chasing the innocent lamb.

Have a good day :-)

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037