Re: New package, maybe...

On Fri, Jul 03, 1998 at 10:23:46AM +0200, Dr. Michael Meskes wrote:
> Tibor Kolesza'r writes:
> > > Did you check watchdog? It's C and it can do much more than pinging servers.
> > i've heard about. but as i said my program not just ping servers, check ports
> > too. and see if 1 server is not pingable || can't connect to the requested port
> > and send e-mail. and u will get e-mail when the server is back, too
> >

> I see. Thanks. Maybe we could incorporate both into one tool. :-)
>
> I'm interested in adding more features to watchdog, but currently have not
> enoughtime to.

There are a few monitoring programs out there. NOCOL, Pong3, mon to name a few.
I use parts of nocol (not all compiles under Linux) and pong3 (a lot). Oh,
and there's the famous Big Brother.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
       To get maximum attention, it's hard to beat a good, big mistake.