The bug system has become crazy (?)

Package: bugs.debian.org
Version: 1998-07-02
Severity: important

The bug system has reissued a lot of bugs from april, for example,
Bug #21272 is now the same as Bug #24177.

Should we merge the old and the new ones?
Should we not merge the old and the new ones?
Should we close the old ones and keep the new ones or viceversa?

I think a good advice from the bug maintainers about this is
urgent so I'm tagging this as "important" (after the required advice,
severity should probably be downgraded).

Thanks.