Intent to take over the xisp package

Hi,

the xisp package has not been updated for a year now.

Last version in hamm is
xisp (2.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.

 -- Luca Maranzano <liuk@linux.it>  Wed, 9 Jul 1997 23:25:30 +0200

There are 13 bugreports (including new version nags and reports on broken
dependencies), 12 of them can be fixed easily. And it is still libc5. More
then that: version 2.1 only lived a week upstream because of IO bugs and
it should not be used according to the upstream author.

I use xisp as my frontend to pppd, so I am disappointed about this status
(I kicked xisp.deb some time ago and installed in /usr/local/).
So I sent this mail to the maintainer on Jun 18:

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

your last upload was nearly a year ago, and in the meantime there were
several important improvements (partly security related) upstream.

If you are no longer interested in maintaining the package or simply don't
have time to do it any more, then I ask you to let me continue your work.

Ciao,
	Martin

**

I did not get any response yet.

Back in October 1997, I asked him if the next version after 2.1 will be a
libc6 one and he answered "It will be a libc5 version for the moment. Is
this a problem for you?", so I thought he is working on the next version.

On Dec 9, I brought this topic up in debian-testing and Brandon Mitchell
forwarded my mail to him, but there was no response so far.

Looks as if he is not an active maintainer any more, so I want to take
over the xisp package.

Ciao,
	Martin

--- End Message ---