Re: dpkg hooks (was Re: Upgrade report from "bo" to "hamm")

Hi,
>>"Dan" == Dan Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

 Dan> I thought that you described two separate sets of hooks, an
 Dan> after-all-packages-configured and an after-specific-package-configured.
 Dan> If I misunderstood you, I'm suggesting it :)

	Actually, I had suggested a whole plethora o hooks
 a) before each package is un packed
 b) after unpacking
 c) if there was an error unpacking
 d) Before configuration of package
 e) after configuration of package
 f) before removing package
 g) after removing package

 m) after all packages have been unpacked

 n) after all packages have been configured

	Essentially, whenever dpkg currently run a script, I want to
 replace that by a hook being run, with the hooks defaulting to the
 current behaviour

	People have wondered in the past if old buggy postrm scripts
 can be removed. Now, we can just remove-hook old buggy scripts, as we
 wish ;-)

	The mechanism is almost frighteneing in its power ;-)

	manoj
--
 "Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine."  Patti Smith