translations of the web pages to begin

With the new web pages up, it is finally time to begin
translation of the pages. What I'd like to do is
to get one person to start with. This person should be
familiar with CVS (putting everything under CVS is next
on my list and I've never used it before).

The reason for having one person to start with is to
work out any kinks in the system. My goal is to
give translators a recipe to follow so they don't
need to know anything about content negotiation or
wml. This person will hopefully catch any errors I've
introduced during this latest transition.

A system (to be worked out) will notify translators
when documents are modified.

It is ok to have a team work on translation although
there should be one person in charge for each language.
All translators should subscribe to debian-www (don't
worry - it's low volume).

Anyway, the first qualified person to contact me
gets to be the guinea pig^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlucky translator.

Jay Treacy