Re: Please follow protocol when you announce your Intents to package

On Mon, Jun 22, 1998 at 10:36:11PM -0400, Shaleh wrote:
> I have seen numerous people post Intentions to package apps that are
> already being worked on.  Please read the wnpp (it is made for a
> reason).  And when you do announce you intentions PLEASE cc wnpp so that
> it gets added to the list.

This seems to indicate that the Debian System has nearly grown up --- not
much things left to package out there (I know this isn't true, there are lot
of things left, but themost important stuff is here).

Maybe people who find their software already packed want to contribute to it
in some other way (bug fixes, patches, documentation, etc.) I know that a
lot of people do this already.

There is not only packaging :)

Marcus

PS: If you seek the point of my message, sorry, there is none.