Re: tetex-bin install bug ?

Omegaman <omegam@cmq.com> writes:

> lapeyre@newton.physics.arizona.edu (G John Lapeyre) writes:
>
> Note that the bug you reported hasn't been fixed yet.  I updated my
> distro this morning (6/15) and tetex-bin exhibited this behavior.  I
> hand-edited /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf to change the TEXMF variable name to
> TEXMFMAIN and it -- along with the other tetex packages -- installed
> correctly.  The comments in /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf led me to believe
> that this would probably work.

No, editing /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf is the wrong way. The format of it
changed completely.

Did the installation process of tetex-bin ask you if you want to
replace texmf.cnf and you said no? I just found out about this problem
and wrote a fix for this, so that the new file is installed
anyway. But you have to merge in your changes by yourself (using
texconfig).

Christoph