Re: kpilot -- help sought

I have sent an e-mail to the author.

Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> writes:

> Looking at the diffs, I'm quite confused. kpilot ships with Makefiles,
> config.logand config.status? I would strongly advise to remove them
> from the orig sources, since they definitly do not belong there.

Yes.  Also, the make distclean does not remove the Makefiles.  Not all
of the Makefiles get re-built from the .in files.  .deps directories
are generated and left lying about, and the config.* files are not
removed by make distclean.

Further, I had to edit every single Makefile.in to find the KDE libs
in /usr/X11R6/lib and the includes in /usr/include/kde.

> Then it would be perhaps not a very bad idea to remove *.moc and .deps
> while making distclean (I don't know, why they are not removed)

I have no idea what a .moc is.  .deps I can deduce :-)

> I can't say, if kpilot's configure already support it, but my later
> versions of KDE configure support --with-install-root, so you just
> can call "configure --with-install-root=$PWD/debian/tmp" without
> patching configure or something else.

Yes, it appears to be there.  The question is: will it work? :-)

Also I am having difficulty in coaxing it to link with the system's
shared libpisock library instead of it's own, but I will leave that go
at the moment I think.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |