Re: Uploaded mpsql 2.0-1 (source i386) to erlangen

Michael Meskes <meskes@topsystem.de> writes:

> Yann Dirson writes:
> > Hm, assuming the "b1" means it's beta stuff, I think it would be
> > better to keep it in the Debian version.  Changing the version number
>
> Yes, but then slink is also beta.
>
> > * heavily using epochs
>
> I HATE epochs!
>
> > * add a string like "final" to the version when out of beta (I'll use
> > this for fweb)
>
> I did that for my NMU of lyx, but it's not exactly nice either.

this problem keeps coming up. i was thinking it would be handy to have a
character that is defined to sort before 0 and before the empty string.
tilde seems like the best choice to me, so something like:

krb4-0.9.9~980514
fltk-0.9.9~980527
mpsql-2.0~b1

which i think is probably clearer than what i actually did:

krb4-0.9.8.980514
fltk-0.9.8.980527

or the other suggestions.

just an idea.