Re: so what? Re: Debian development modem

I don't usually write to the list to say "me too", but I think that
is a pretty foundamental step to be taken. I completely agree with
Ian but "me too" I think the stable pool is a better approach
(even if it requires more resources to be set up).
Ciao,

> Maintainers have the final word only if the exercise it.  We
> don't need to stall a release because someone decided that
> some real life issue was more important to them.
>
> > This is still a major operation at every freeze time.  I like the
> > "stable pool" approach much better.  That way we are ready to release
> > *at any time*, modulo newly discovered bugs in the stable packages
> > that have to be fixed.
>
> I think I also like the "stable pool" approach better.

* Federico DI Gregorio ** GCS/S/>L d- s:>:+ a26 C++ UL++ P+++ L*+++>$ D *
*   <fog@debian.org>   ** W+>++ N+ o? !K w--->!$ O M- V-- PS+(+++) PE(--)
*   Debian Developer   ** Y+(-)(+)(-)... PGP+ s+ 5- X+++ R*<+(+++) b+++ *