Re: 1.3 installation reboots on a thinkpad.

    Dale> I know it has been a long time since we have dealt with
    Dale> these problems. It is for this reason that I can't remember
    Dale> what the solution was.

    Dale> I have a client trying to install 1.3 and the kernel gets
    Dale> almost completely through the initialization stages before
    Dale> rebooting. Is the tecra kernel the fix for this, or is it
    Dale> something else entirely?

    Dale> Thanks in advance,

 Please read bugs on `boot-floppies', and recent postings to the
 `debian-testing' list.

 It turns out that the cure is to use a more recent `syslinux', and a
 zImage kernel, rather than a bzImage.  I don't know for sure, but I'm
 guessing that the only difference between the tecra kernel and the
 standard one is that the standard kernel is a bzImage and the tecra
 one is a zImage.

 I imagine that boot-floppies-2.0.7 will incorporate this bugfix.

 Could someone who knows about it tap us down a quick paragraph
 explaining the difference between a zImage and a bzImage, please?
 Why does it cause a reboot or a freezup?