Re: kernel 2.0.34 and hamm

Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu> wrote:

> A month or two?  Isn't the development kernel supposed to be released as
> "stable" by then?

Oh no, I don't think so. Kernel development seems to be caotic at this
time. Maintainers of different parts of the kernels are complaining
loudly because Linus has a big incoming queue of pathes waiting to be
integrated into his official tree. All development has been very
slow lately because (my guesses): 1) Linus' new baby, 2) Linux Expo,
3) Linus' job, 4) Linus trying to do too much with very little time,
5) Linus controlling everything (only he applies patches to the
official tree).

In any case, stable kernel 2.2.x seems still far away.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department