Re: On adding size info to Packages files [very long]

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
> How is it possible to check for block sizes with lintian? And what do you
> expect a maintainer to do if they use a different block size and lintian
> dislikes that? Reformat?

To deal with block sizes we'll need to abandon (or upgrade) du.

To find out what block sizes are for a file system, use statfs (or
fstatfs).  This mostly matters on the target system, not where we're
running lintian (which perhaps was Joey's point).

A brutally simplistic mechanism for representing the data would
provide a different sizes file for each different block size
we support.  Optimizations are possible but may not be worth the
effort.

--
Raul