Re: kernel 2.0.34 and hamm

Martin Mitchell wrote:
> I second this, 2.0.34 has undergone much testing in prereleases and is a
> further refinement of the stable branch of the kernel tree.
Let's be clear about what this means. We need to compile the kernel and all
packages that depend on it, pcmcia-modules, boot-floppies, etc. (We could,
I guess live with the boot-floppies being 2.0.33 but given that there is
a mismatch between the current kernel and the modules there is no advantage).

I don't oppose getting the kernel into hamm given that so many people think
it worth doing but this will mean a couple weeks more to get hamm out.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76