Re: advantage of new kernel 2.0.34

In article <[🔎] 19980604200711.A3377@cogs.susx.ac.uk>,
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk> wrote:
>I guess the kernel-maintainer is the only one that can evaluate if
>there are any security improvements that should make it into hamm. Otherwise,
>let's not put new code into the freeze. Debian 2.1 should not take long after
>hamm. I know I'm being quite optimistic here :)

Well, our news server (Diablo, #threehundredsomething in the top1000)
crashed regulary with all the 2.0.x kernels but with the later 2.0.34pre
kernels it has been rock-stable. It has now been running 2.0.34pre16
since it was out, as have most of our other servers. And 2.0.34-release
is just 2.0.34pre16. I'd say it's _more_ stable then any other 2.0.x kernel.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.