Re: Documentation Freeness (Re: Packages to be removed from hamm)

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Talked myself into a corner.  Someone dig me out?

Hmm, you raised some good points I hadn't thought about...

How about this quote:

  To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid
  anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights.
  These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if
  you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it.

Which is to say, it may not be possible to allow changes to the GPL
without making it less free.

--
Raul