Re: problem with dselect and the "dists" hierarchy

    Manoj> 	Umm. I don't know how to say this tactfully. I shall
    Manoj> try. It may be better, I think, in this and other tasks
    Manoj> (like modifying dpkg), that the new author be one able to
    Manoj> grok the original.

*grin* No, I'm not offended. :)

    Manoj> 	Shell scripts should generally be mechanically
    Manoj> transformable to Perl, and I have had a look at this one,
    Manoj> though not trivial, it is certainly eminently doable. The
    Manoj> question is, should we be doing it at this late stage in
    Manoj> the game?

I think it's critical that we at least remove the horrid prompts
asking you your block device for your CD-ROM, or at least make
an intelligent guess and provide a default.

    Manoj> 	By the next release we shall hopefullybe using apt, or
    Manoj> at least the apt-get method under dselect, when all this
    Manoj> shall be moot.

Will apt be able to deal with multiple cd-roms? I hope so!

--
Brought to you by the letters F and J and the number 18.
"I'm calling from the plane. I'll call you when I get there." -- TMBG