Linuxconf not losing info.

Sorry for not responding directly, I only get debian-devel-digest, so I can
only respond to what I catch.

I believe linuxconf will version every change that it makes, i.e. if you
make changes w/ linuxconf and see that it didn't work, you can go back to
your previous configuration or any one of many previous configurations, this
will probably work if you edited it outside of linuxconf, you then edited
the file manually, and then went into linuxconf, somehow or another
linuxconf messed up the file (though when I was playing with it last year,
it couldn't grok our dns setup, and just complained, didn't mess with it),
you should theoreticly be able to go back to the version you modified by
hand, because linuxconf should have saved it before modifying the file.

Shaya