Differences of Debian vs. the Other Guys

	I'm currently writting an article for "Linux Actual" (an spanish
magazine on Linux) about the Debian Packaging System (more on the .deb
format than other policies) and I would like to make the BIG question,
considering there is a lot of discussion about LSB.

---- start big question  ---

	What are the main differences/advantages/disadvantages of
Debian's Packaging System vs The Other Guys (tm) ?

--- end big question ---

	I would appreciate any help in sorting these out (I already have
some ideas from the discussions on LSB) since they would give the article
more sense. That is answer the question, why talk about Debian? (because
it's better :)

	Regards

	Javi