Re: Linuxconf

Hi,
>>"Craig" == Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

 Craig> debian currently has 1956 packages. most of them require a config file.
 Craig> do you think having that many individual parsers is viable?

	Most?

__> dpkg -l | grep ^ii | wc -l
   1182
__> ls -1  /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.conffiles | wc -l
    188

	So, out of 1182 packages installed, 188 have
 conffiles. (16%). However, lots of conf files fall into the # starts
 a comment, and config files are key = value pair.

	Of course, some of them are make snippets or Perl or Sh
 snippets. Dunno how many individual parsers shall be really required.
 Coercing packages to conform to the config tool seems to be
 suboptimal, though.

	manoj
--
 I think the best way I've heard this put is "Pascal gives you a water
 pistol filled with distilled water.  C not only gives you a loaded