Re: another look at release-critical bugs

Some time around  Mon, 01 Jun 1998 12:30:42 PDT,
         G John Lapeyre wrote:
 > On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
 > > On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 05:41:12PM -0700, G John Lapeyre wrote:
 > > > 	And this bug is really annoying, it occurs on all of several
 > > > machines running hamm here-- definately needs to be taken care of before
 > > > release.
 > > When does lpr die?
 > 	?? only lpd dies,... right  ?
 > >
 > > The following patch cured the "lpd dies over weekend" symptom on my machin
 > e:
 > 	I applied the patch.  Unfortunately , I don't really know how
 > often lpd was dying.  Every so often.  I'll watch it now, I assume you
 > sent a copy to the maintainer.  Thanks.
 > 	John

There is another (possibly related) bug with lpr.  I reported it a few days
ago.  The problem is when you have it set up to forward to ethernet
printer(s), a second daemon is started to listen for those requests.  That one
never dies, and lpd refuses to start till it's killed.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net