netstd tools in the base system (was Re: What to do with /bin/perl symlink?)

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 09:01:09PM +0200, Peter Tobias wrote:
> On Apr 26, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> > > None. Just a question: Are there more files (still) in the
> > > base system but not in any package?
> >
> > Files from packages not in the base system:
> > - /usr/bin/ftp and /usr/bin/telnet (from netstd, they should be moved to
> >   netbase)
>
> No, netstd is the right place for them. netbase only provides the tools
> to configure the network (ifconfig/route/...) and to get other networking
> services up and running (inetd/portmapper).

Then we have two options:

- Remove usr/bin/ftp and usr/bin/telnet from the base system.
- Create a netstd-base package with those tools.

If nobody objects, I will choose the first option for the next
boot-floppies release.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es