Re: intent to package Netscape Communicator

> >> Another thing to note...  Dpkg won't let you build part of a package or
> >> assign different version numbers to different .deb files created from
> >> the same source.  (At least, I've never been able to get it to do so.)
>
> You certainly can do that, check out bash/libreadline for instance.

Hmmm...  Okay.  When netscape and netscape-beta were different packages,
I couldn't build only was as long as both descriptions were in the control
file.

I thought I'd also tried at one point to build different .debs with
different versions numbers, but perhaps I just wasn't doing things
correctly.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )