Re: Distribution ordering

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Fabien Ninoles wrote:

> > <groan> So now I have to figure out how to defeat that. Wonderful. It's
> > not feasable for APT to handle things in the same way, it's scheme is much
> > more flexable and not exactly compatible with the dselect UI :|
>
> The importance here is to have always the same package installed that
> the user select.  The problem with dpkg-http was that it didn't select
> the right package to upload compared with dpkg --print-avail [who used
> the available files].

Basically what I did was write a short routine in APT that writes out the
available file as apt-get would percieve it and then feed that result into
dpkg. Works very well and will not cause problems - so long as the user
runs Update in dselect before doing anything [apt-get update will not do].

Jason