Re: Constitution - formal proposal (v0.5)

Oliver Elphick writes ("Re: Constitution - formal proposal (v0.5) "):
> I think (any lawyers in the house?) that you should not allow any
> implication that Debian owns any property or has any income.  Otherwise
> you may find yourself with an unexpected and unwelcome Corporation
> Tax demand, addressed to you as an officer of an unincorporated
> association deemed to be controlled from the United Kingdom.  SPI
> may hold property in trust for certain purposes, but not for Debian
> as an entity, or the tax consequences may follow...  The involvement
> of an offshore trust may make things even worse: I'm not up-to-date
> on my tax law.

How close are you to actually being a lawyer ?  My tax law is pretty
much nonexistent, and my US tax law definitely so.  I do have a friend
who was an expert on trusts, and may know something about their tax
consequences, but I'd rather get the details from an American.

Ian.