Re: I plan to remove fdisk from the next util-linux

On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 03:58:20PM +0400, Amos Shapira wrote:

> I'm aware that things are fluid and may change rapidly, but my
> personal experience indicated that every time I ran cfdisk (mainly
> during installation of Debian) cfdisk screwed things up and I had to
> run fdisk to fix them.

I used cfdisk on both my drives, and have used it when setting up a couple
of systems for friends. In all cases it worked flawlessly. Both my drives
were previously unpartitioned, the friends' ones already had DOS partitions.

Can we find what the common factor is in cases where cfdisk has failed?