Re: /etc/magic: do we need install-magic?

On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 12:06:07PM +0100, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> I'm packaging lzop, a file compressor/decompressor that comes
> with the magic entries to be used by file(1) and I'm sure some
> other packages come with such entries, so I wanted to add them to
> the /etc/magic file, but...
> /etc/magic is a conffile: shouldn't the file package provide
> a install-magic program? Should I file a whishlist bug report on it?

	I don't think so.  It's similar to the /etc/services file: we
will never need to remove an entry, so I think the correct way is to
submit a bug against `file' for inclussion of that entries in
/etc/magic (that's what I've done several times).

--
Juan Cespedes