Re: Kernel compilation

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
>      v) Several other kernel module packages are hooked into
>         kernel-package, so one can seamlessly compile, say, pcmcia
>         modules at the same time as one compiles a kernel, and be
>         assured that the modules so compiled are compatible.

Hmmmm...  Probably I haven't done my homework correctly and so I'm not aware
of the most recent innovations in Debian technology, but, could you please
explain me (or point me to the explanation of) how to hook my own kernel
module package to make-kpkg?

I'm the maintainer of the ultra package, a kernel module for the well known
Gravis Ultrasound family of sound cards.  I've been having a hard time these
days trying to develop a simple means for people to compile the ultra kernel
module for whatever kernel version they have.  I'm not very satisfied with
what I have achieved so far, so, if I just could hook something into
kernel-package... well, that would really make thinks a lot easier for me!

Regards,

M. S.