License question

Hi,

I've got a question regarding to the majordomo license.
It says the following :

           d.    Majordomo, if modified, must carry prominent notices
                 stating that changes have been made, and the dates of
                 any such changes.

                 You may publicly distribute an unmodified and
                 complete version of Majordomo, for instance as
                 part of a collection of free software packages,
                 but you must distribute the whole package, and
                 you must tell people where they can obtain the
                 latest version:
                     ftp://ftp.greatcircle.com/pub/majordomo/

                 You may not publicly distribute a modified or
                 incomplete version of Majordomo.  You may make
                 such a version available to your own clients,
                 subject to the restrictions below, but not to the
                 general public (for instance, by placing it on an
                 anonymous FTP site).

                 You may not distribute (publicly or privately) a modified
                 version of Majordomo without clearly identifying it as such
                 (by changing the version string in majordomo_version.pl),
                 identifying the changes (through appropriate README
                 documentation and/or comments in the code),
                 identifying who will be responsible for supporting
                 the modified version, and informing people receiving
                 the modified version where they can find an
                 unmodified version:
                     ftp://ftp.greatcircle.com/pub/majordomo/

Does this mean that I'm not allowed to apply patches to majordomo and
package it for debian or am I wrong ? My english is not the best, so I may
misunderstood something ;-)
Or is there any way for us to distribute a modified version ? I'm asking
because Brian White supplied 2 patches for majordomo and I do not know if it
is possible to apply them.

I mailed them to the upstream-authors, but it may take some time till the
next majordomo-release.

regards
	Sascha

--