Re: compiling packages on va

   I keep hearing this, but I've never understood how it's done.
   /proc/*/environ is mode 400. How does another user view it?

Well, I always assumed that `ps ae' would do it, but it doesn't seem
to work.  After all, ps works through /proc.  But the PGP manual warns
specifically against passing in the password on a multiuser system
through the environment.  At any rate, root can find out your
password.  But if you can't trust root, then you're screwed anyway, I
guess.