Re: possible new official mirror in the US

    > I thought someone had made the (absolutely true) point that
    > geographic proximity is only barely correlated with network
    > proximity, if at all.

 I've seen a traceroute to a university in the city I live in from my
 house that actually routes through another city more than 50 miles
 from here. :-)

 I guess if we re-wired the Internet, and straightened out all the
 cables, there'd be enough wire left over to more than quadruple our
 bandwidth.