Re: i

xrdm@test.legislate.com (Raul Miller)  wrote on 06.02.98 in <[🔎] 19980206162009.25582@hazel>:

> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
> > All file names with a single character and also most of the file names
> > with two characters are probably name space pollution.
>
> Um... let's not get carried away with this namespace censorship thing.

"Censorship"? Get real.

> But I don't think we should go out of our way to create problems for
> people by renaming programs where it's not needed.

Well, we seem divided over where it's needed.

> Raul, a fond user of ar, as, at, bc, cc, ci, co, cp, dc, df, du, ed, es,
> ex, gs, id, ld, ln, ls, m4, mv, nm, od, pr, rc, rm, sh, su, tr, vi, and
> wc.

Of these, I'd say es, gs, and rc are definitely needless namespace
pollution. The others are unfortunate historical choices it's much too
late to do anything about, even if I wish there was everytime I mistype
"ci" instead of "vi". Note that C is next to V on most keyboards. Ugh!

MfG Kai