Re: Fwd: Perl IO module license change

On Feb 6, Ben Gertzfield wrote
>     Craig> i suppose this means that a free version can be forked off
>     Craig> from 1.0901 if it becomes necessary.
>
> True, true. Do you know enough Perl to do this? :)

I think p5p will do whatever is necessary to ship a complete and
functioning perl, under the same old licenses as before. What I mean is:
this would only become a Debian problem if the perl people decided to
yank the module from the distribution (which they wouldn't have to do,
legally) and tell the world to get it yourself.
But the Perl people have higher standards.

--
Bart Schuller                  schuller+sig@lunatech.com At Lunalabs, where the
Lunatech Research              http://www.lunatech.com/  future is made today..