Re: i (was: Summary of Package Overlaps)

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> > > This is namespace pollution again...
> > > We would need some policy preventing this.
>
> I fully agree to Santiago that no package should install a binary
> called `i'.
>
> All file names with a single character and also most of the file names
> with two characters are probably name space pollution.
>
> A few exceptions might be good, e.g., for utilities which always used a
> single character. Probably `w' and `[' fall into this category.
>
> What do others think about this? If people agree, we should work out a
> policy change.

I agree that commands 1 letter long should not be allowed. (and 2 letters
should probably be avoided also).

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo..com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -