Re: The Sajber Jukebox and KPilot

"Colin R. Telmer" <telmerco@qed.econ.queensu.ca> writes:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Joel Rosdahl wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if someone looked into packaging The Sajber Jukebox
> > and KPilot.  The Sajber Jukebox is a rather nice GUI for playing MPEG
> > music and KPilot is a program for backuping PalmPilot PDA:s.  Both are
> > unfortunately Qt-based, and KPilot also needs KDE libraries.
> >
> > http://kewl.campus.luth.se/~wizball/jukebox/
> > http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/mainpage.html

> I'll package kpilot if no one else is interested. I am actually quite
> interested in packaging it, but I am in the last leg of my thesis and it
> may take me some time to put it together, so if anyone else is prepared to
> do this under a shorter timetable, please let me know (I actually
> shouldn't take anythin on right now, but backing up my PalmPilot using
> pilot-xfer takes way too long. If I do not hear from anyone regarding
> this, I will begin to package it at the start of next week. Cheers, Colin.

There is a Perl/Tk based program called PilotManager out there too.
It should suffice for backups, but it doesn't have facilities to play
with the data locally.  (View calendars, etc.)

Somebody should port kpilot to gtk or write a Perl/Gtk one for the
Gnome project.  (I'm rather swamped right now, or I would take a look
at it myself.)  The pilot-link code has perl bindings and examples on
how to use it (including manipulating the databases locally).

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu