Re: The privelege of working on dpkg...

> While I appreciate that many people are unhappy with the current dpkg
> maintenance situation, if I get another damn mail from someone trying
> to tell me that dpkg has more important issues than gettext or similar
> foolishness, then the project will have to find someone else to do
> this dpkg work, because I have better things to do than listen to
> backseat drivers.
>
> Polite messages that don't summarize _my_ issues as "blah blah blah",
> perhaps instead opting to point out specific important bugs (with
> patches would be nice:-) or things that might easily be fixed are as
> always deeply appreciated.

Please try to give people a little more consideration. Too many times when people
try to take the polite route the ideas aren't taken seriously. In response
people tend to take a 'here is the way it should be damit' approach which comes
across as 'why didn't you just do it this way in the first place, idiot'.

This is simply one of the things we have to learn to deal with when we
can't communicate in a more expressive form (like face to face).
I must admit this gets to me too.

In the case of dpkg, you have to also deal with the problem that people perceive
that nothing has been done to it in ages. Maybe a little PR on what is being
done and what is planned will help.

- Jay